Bathtub Guru specializes in refinishing bathtubs , tiles, sinks, counter tops and so on. We make sure that every customer that requests our assistance gets the service they deserve and results that they’re pleased with. Bathtub Refinishing is the best option to avoid having to pay for a brand new bathtub,sink,counter tops,cabinets or tiles.We can make any dull and scratched surface look brand new. We ensure to only use the highest quality material to provide the highest quality result. Bathtub Reglazing usually consists of removing the finish that was on originally. In the case where the item looks dull, or gets scratched, we step in and remove the finish, polish the surface down as a preparation to then add a new finish.
Bathtub Refinishing Process
1. Using a bathtub as an example,we remove hardware such as overflow plates and drain covers (If possible) otherwise we cover it with masking tape
2. We then remove all contaminants including the silicone caulking around the edge, soap scum, and oils. This is critical to getting the finish to last for years.
3. Next, we apply a poly cleaner to cut through all the build up and remaining contaminants from years of heavy and abrasive cleaners.
4. A cast iron or steel bathtub is a metal shell with glass baked on at a high temperature. Glass is a very hard surface that is not porous,making it ideal for tubs as it is highly sanitary and resistant to objects sticking to it. Because of this, a new surface won’t stick to it either. To counteract this, the original surface must be deglossed so that a new surface can bond to it, instead of resting on top.
5. Next, to minimize odor, an industrial exhaust fan is set up to exhaust fumes to the outside air.
6. Next, the surface is sanded,cleaned and dried, then we do masking and apply primer.
7. Once the primer is dry we use a tack cloth to carefully remove any dust particles left behind.
8. Finally we apply the acrylic polyurethane topcoat in three separate rounds using a professional HVLP spray system for maximum sheen and durability.
9. At the end we use moldfree and waterproof caulking to seal the gaps between tub and tiles.
Bathtub Refinishing FAQs
Why is a different company doing it for alot cheaper?
Answer: In this type of business the average price for a bathtub refinish is anywhere from $250-$450, anyone doing it for less is guaranteed to be cutting corners and using less
paint material which will decrese the life span of the refinished fixtures, keep in mind "you get what you payed for"!
What do you have to do before the technician comes?
Answer: We want you to remove all the accessories and cosmetics from around the tub, i.e. bottles, curtain, mobile corner shelves, soap, towels etc.
How long does it take to refinish a tub?
Answer: Depending on the condition of the tub, it can take up to 2-3hrs max. If you included the wall tiles to be refinished with the tub it will take approx. 4-6hrs.
When will you be able to use the tub again?
Answer: After the job has been completed you must wait 24hrs for the tub to be ready for use.
Is there an odor to refinishing?
Answer: The coatings we use contain solvents which are necessary to make the finish hard and durable. We use a 15 feet ventilation system to exhaust air from the work area
outside minimizing the fresh paint like odor 75% to 90% of the smell will be exhausted and substantially gone within hours.
How does refinishing compare to bathtub liners?
Answer: Liners are twice expensive and can take up to 3 to 4 weeks from ordering to installation for a bathtub liner your looking at spending $900.00 minimum.
Do refinished tubs looked painted?
Answer: Definitely not! In fact most people will have a difficult time telling any difference between a new bathtub and a Long lasting quick fixtures refinished tub.
What is included in the price?
Answer: All the labor and materials, old caulking will be removed and replaced with new mould free caulking , small chips will be repaired free of cost
Is the paint toxic?
Answer: Long Lasting Quick fixtures uses a non-toxic material.